First things first. I am surely not your traditional stereotypical scholar. Feeling like getting to know me, my background, my research interests, and my commitment better?
People and media continue to show interest in:
- My life journey, which has taken me from Coazzolo, a small village of 300 people in Northern Italy, to an American megalopolis like Los Angeles, with many adventures in Paris along the way;
- My renown as a scholar in Historical Linguistics, working at the most prestigious universities in the world, such as Sorbonne, UCLA, Harvard, etc.;
- My constant fight for gender equality and inclusivity in Academia fueled by being a victim of inappropriate commentaries and sexism by previous teachers and colleagues.
Below is a selection of my interviews, biographical accounts, and research presentations in Italian, English, Spanish, and French. Enjoy!
• “Meet Milena Anfosso, Ph.D. | Historical Linguist | Author | Translator.” Interview for SHOUTOUT LA, February 6, 2023.
• “Milena dall’Astigiano alla California, passando per Parigi.” Interview for “Scapà da Ca” (literally ‘runaway’ in Piedmontese dialect), an initiative by Foundation Enrico Eandi, a non-profit organization meant to support Piedmont and its cultural heritage. May 13–25, 2021.
• “Come fare strada in un mondo di uomini? Ricercatrice italiana a Harvard si racconta a Money.it.” Interview by Marta De Vivo on the website Money.it. March 8, 2021.
• Interview on the Spanish TV segment “Universidad y Sociedad”, hosted by Francisco Glicerio Conde Mora on TV7 Andalucía. Episode recorded on January 15, 2021, broadcasted on February 6, 2021.
• “La lezione di Milena Anfosso, grecista italiana a Harvard per lottare contro pregiudizi e maschilismo.” By Elisabetta Moro. Cosmopolitan Italy. December 22, 2020.
• “Dall’ultimo banco all’amore per il greco: Al liceo ero la punk, ora lavoro ad Harvard.” Interview by Remy Morandi. Il Resto del Carlino – La Nazione. 14. December 22, 2020.
• “La grecista Milena Anfosso, da Coazzolo a Los Angeles, ora lavora per Harvard e attende la Green Card per merito.” Interview by Elisabetta Testa. La Voce di Asti. December 18, 2020.
• “La studiosa di Coazzolo salita nell’Olimpo dei Grecisti.” Interview by Martina Tartaglino. La Repubblica. December 15, 2020.
• “CHS 2020 Fall Fellows: Milena Anfosso.” Posted by Lanah Koelle, October 7, 2020, on the online news bulletin of the Center for Hellenic Studies, Kleos@CHS.
• “Un’imitazione che risale all’Antica Grecia fa conquistare il posto ad Harvard a un’ellenista di Coazzolo.” Interview by Daniela Peira. La Nuova Provincia. April 10, 2020.
• “Meet the 2020-21 Fellows in Hellenic Studies: Milena Anfosso.” Posted by Lanah Koelle, April 9, 2020, on the online news bulletin of the Center for Hellenic Studies, Kleos@CHS.
• “Un’astigiana tra i maggiori ricercatori al mondo di greco antico.” Interview by Daniela Peira. La Nuova Provincia. December 29, 2018.